Re: [Hampshire] [OT] ADSL2+ Router

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] ADSL2+ Router
On 16/06/10 11:26, David Rozzell wrote:
> I'm looking to get a new ADSL router before my old one gives up the ghost, I
> have UKSFN as my ISP and I'm on their ADSL2+ LLU unlimited package (Cable&
> Wireless equipment). The Zyxel 660 series was recommended to me as a good
> router for ADSL2+ and I wondered if anyone on the HantsLUG list had an opinion
> on them?

Hi David,

This looks like the same package I bought some four or five years ago.

I found it to be a good modem/router, and only got rid of it when I
moved to Sky and was obliged to take on the one they supplied.

The only thing I'd add is that I wonder if you could get something newer
at the price? It occurs to me that you might get better range with a
newer model, although that's not to say that the chipset in this one is
not the same as it was when I bought it. That said, the fact that 'UK
Surplus Central Ltd.' are suppling it might indicate it has been sat in
a warehouse somewhere for a while.

Oh, the supplied wifi card was not Linux friendly at the time, although
things may have moved on since then.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk