Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

Author: Lisi
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs
On Monday 04 April 2011 11:15:15 Dr A. J. Trickett wrote:
> given that the only option
> I have is an unbundled BT exchange

The _only_ option? You have unbundling and you are complaining?? ;-)

That's the trouble with human beings. They are never satisfied!

We have ADSL+ and actually get 8 meg, so I really shouldn't complain either.
Some farmers, whose grant depends on it, have almost non-functional dial-up.
Someone ran a test and demonstrated that it was quicker to move a largish
file from the west of Yorkshire to the east by carrier pigeon than by an
Email attachment!

I think that they said that the file was still uploading when the pigeon got
there!

Lisi