Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

Author: Rob Malpass
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

Without wishing to tempt fate, Zen have been absolutely brilliant since I
joined them around 2008 both in terms of customer service (not that I've had
to contact them much) and in terms of outages. And I might add, I can thank
this list for introducing me to Zen - I'd never have heard of them
otherwise. Like a lot of other things - you get what you pay for - which
includes knowledgeable call centre operatives in my experience. I get
about 4.7Mbits on what should be "upto" 8Mbits but there's a lot of
teenagers in my road and it's noticeable (very) how things slow down about
5pm - facebook methinks!

We're going to have Zen for Voice and broadband in the new place - and
apparently for under £40 we get the current package I'm on plus completely
unlimited UK calls. Not as cheap as others but to be honest, considering
just how maddening bad customer service is (I've been with ntl/Virgin for 13
years!) - it's worth it.

I suspect, as others have said, that if you have a really bad connection
problem, it'll take ages to get fixed no matter what ISP you have. It may
be my cynical grizzly opinion but ISPs are only one example of dreadful
customer service which seems to plague us in this country - but that's a
whole 'nother debate.

Cheers
Rob