Re: [Hampshire] How long have you been using Linux?

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] How long have you been using Linux?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56a6a100.hantslug.org.uk.6022': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Nov 16 20:21:13 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Thursday 16 November 2006 18:35, john lewis wrote:
> Whilst looking for something else I found an invoice dated 1 Nov 1994
> for a copy of 'DR Linux' and another invoice dated 27 Nov 1994 for a
> subscription to 'Linux Journal'

My first contact with Unix was with Sun OS and Irix at university in 1993. I
used Sun OS quite a bit for until I went to the US in 1995. I first saw Linux
in the autumn of 1995 when my boss's son showed me a Slackware system.

I then used mostly NT4 until I got more involved with web sites in 1996, which
were running on Linux/Apache systems. I tried Red Hat 5.2 at home, but it
wasn't until I came back to the UK that I started to run Linux (Red Hat 6 at
first) at home in 1999. At work I've used Red Hat 7 & ES 2&3 since 2001, and
at home I've been running Debian Woody or Sarge or Etch for the past 2 years.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
    -- Napoleon Bonaparte