Re: [Hampshire] How long have you been using Linux?

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] How long have you been using Linux?
The first person to mention Linux to me was a student when I worked at a local college in Farnborough in 1993.

I first dabbled with Linux in 1996 but didn't really have a clue what I was doing with it.

It wasn't until about 2001 that I installed it at home proper. I started with Redhat but soon found Debian more to my liking.
Then more recently I switched to Ubuntu - when the first release came out, and have stuck with it since. popey.com still runs on
Debian - as does my firewall. When they go pop I'll probably install Ubuntu Server on them instead.

So quite a newcomer compared to some of the gang.

Cheers
Al.