Re: Fw: [Hampshire] Killer Apps for Linux

Author: luis
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
New-Topics: Microsoft Lock-in: was [Hampshire] Killer Apps for Linux
Subject: Re: Fw: [Hampshire] Killer Apps for Linux
Dr Trickett, why do you think that 96% of computers users in the world
use Windows?

I think I have got the answer, "it does exactly what it says on the
tin".

I am a new Linux user, I do like to try the different distros but I will
say that Linux will never be a replacement for Windows, as long as Linux
remains non user friendly.

I want an OS which it will work for me, without having to spend to much
time "in terminal mode", trying to find drivers etc etc ...........

In your opinion is there anything in the Linux development horizon which
will come close to match Vista's capabilities?. If there is please would
you share it with us.

So far the closest I have been is by using Novell Suse Linux Enterprise
desktop 10.1

I know my views may sound controversial as I am speaking in a Linux user
group, but we are still a minority and will stay this way forever.

Luis

P.S I am writing this mail from my new Ubuntu 6.10 installation.