[Hampshire] Perl warning

Author: john lewis
To: HantsLUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Perl warning
Why do I need to have a US locale on my system?

perl: warning: Setting locale failed
Per: warning: Please check your locale settings:
    LANGUAGE = (unset),
    LC_ALL = (unset),
    Lang = "en_US.UTF-8"
are supported and installed on your system
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C")

I live and work in the UK and have no intention whatsoever of going
to the USA and so removed all locales except en_GB.UTF-8 , so why
doesn't perl accept this.

Adam, you are the perl guru, can you please fix this. It is time we
got away from this sort of US influence in software. At least we
now longer have to accept letter size as the default for printing.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package