Re: [Hampshire] Aptitude

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Aptitude
On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:43:26 +0000
Hugo Mills <hugo@???> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 12:18:01PM +0000, John Lewis wrote:
> > since the subject of using aptitude has come up on another thread
> > I thought I'd ask if anyone has had problems using it.

<snipped>

>    I've got a one-word reply to that. It starts with "B", and has 8
> letters in it. Since they don't explain their paranoia, and I've
> never seen any claim like that before, I'd say they're talking out
> of their arses.

My thoughts entirely, hence my removing Sidux from the two computers
I'd installed it on and replacing it with tried and tested Debian
Etch, the 'spare system' installation got upgraded to testing and the
one on the laptop will stay as Etch to avoid need to keep updating
it.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package