Re: [Hampshire] May and June meetings

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] May and June meetings
Adrian said:
> The May meeting will be in Southampton on May 10th -

I have my VPS more or less working as I want with two major
exceptions, so I'd like to put in a request for assistance at the
next meeting to sort out the most important of these.

email address.

The only email related package installed is the default exim4.

All I need in the way of emailing is to be able to receive any emails
addressed to *@startx.co.uk and redirect them to my zen account from
where I will retrieve them with clawsmail.

So I'd like help to know which packages I really must have and
more importantly getting them setup. I can ssh into the server from my
laptop so there will be no problems with access.

2. Gallery2 isn't installable on Debian Lenny as it isn't in the
archive due to a problem with a bundled library. So this will have to
wait till it is sorted.

I have one minor problem with auto-redirection of
http://startx.co.uk to the URL I want used.

I have tried using PHP & apache2 to do this but without sucess. I can
get around this by making people click on the correct URL by putting
a link to it in /var/www/index.html, which people see if they use
the truncated address.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server