Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Friday Fun Question

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Friday Fun Question

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x583c2100.hantslug.org.uk.24379': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Sep 28 10:08:54 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
Hi Chris,

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 09:17 +0100, Chris Dennis wrote:
> IME the problem with putting Linux onto laptops is getting all the extra
> bits to work: will you be able to find drivers for the modem / wifi /
> whatever else it's got. And does it matter if some of the extra buttons
> (volume and brightness control for example) don't work?

Things have improved greatly, especially with Intel based laptops. Much
as I hate this Toshiba laptop I bought recently, everything works, and
works well. It's a C2D based centrino wifi laptop that happens to be a
tablet (which also works). I'm much happier with this than I was with my
Dell with its nvidia card.

I only use the Dell when I want to play a 3d game these days.

Cheers,
Al.