Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Friday Fun Question

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Friday Fun Question
Sean Gibbins wrote:
> My brother-in-law has just bought one of these:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2oy85p
>
> Which basically equates to a 'FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO LI1705 1G' with the
> following spec:*
> *Processor speed: 1.73 GHz
> Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core
> Screen size: 15 inches
> Storage (hard drive): 80 GB
> Memory (RAM): 1024 MB
> OS Windows Vista Home Basic
>

> So, the Friday fun queston is: do I trash a perfectly good OS* and
> rebuild with Ubuntu** or leave well enough alone?

I'm trying to think of something profound to say...
.
.
.
.
.
I really really like Berly on my Dell D620 - my wife said "it was a
gimmick" after spending and hour giving her a demo - before her yawning
got in the way, "for the enthusiastic" noooo - essential kit:)

Damian
--
Damian Brasher
www.interlinux.co.uk